We are acupuncturists practicing all over the bay area from the South Bay, San Francisco, Marin and in the East Bay. Beginning with assisting in fertility we can follow you through a healthy pregnancy, troubles during labor and a strong recovery. In the postpartum months we can also assist with issues such as postpartum depression, breast infections and other nursing concerns such as milk supply. To find out more about our individual practices please contact us below.
I also enjoy volunteering at Charlotte Maxwell Complimentary Clinic in Oakland, offering acupuncture to low income women with cancer.
I specialize in Women’s Health, Reproductive and Prenatal Health, Liver Health and Detoxification, Orthopedics, Preventative Health Care, and I am proud member of Bay Area Family Wellness. My family practice provides individual treatments with the goal of facilitating the body’s own ability to achieve health and wellness. My services include acupuncture, herbal formulas, nutritional counseling, and manual therapies like “guasha” and “cupping” to treat a wide variety of symptoms. I encourage the formation of a personalized, respectful and trusting long-term healing partnership and value this partnership highly.
Clients often ask me how I came to practice acupuncture. It was always my intention to become a doctor. I received my Bachelors of Science from the University of Oregon in Women’s and Gender Studies with an emphasis in Preparatory Medicine. After graduating I became a nurse at All Women’s Health Services, a holistic clinic in Eugene, Oregon. The clinic utilized an integrative approach; medical doctors, a naturopathic doctor, an acupuncturist and nurses all worked side by side to provide basic health services. Truthfully my intention was to follow and learn from the naturopathic doctor, but after receiving my first series of acupuncture treatments I decided to change course. I applied for and was accepted into the 4 year Masters degree program at American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). I moved to San Francisco three days before my program of study began.
I graduated from ACTCM with a Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine and a Certification in Tui Na Massage Therapy. I fulfilled my clinical residency studies in diverse, integrative settings including the California Pacific Medical Center’s Stroke and Rehabilitation Unit, St. James Infirmary for Sex Workers, The ACTCM Auricular Clinic, and The ACTCM Community Clinic.
In 2006, I took a semester away from my degree program and traveled to China in order to gain experience in holistic gynecology. I trained at Zhe Jiang University affiliated hospitals in Hang Zhou, China. Chinese Medicine practice in China more closely mirrored my nursing experience. Clients saw the acupuncturist for not only herbs and acupuncture, but their annual pap smear, fertility and abortion services. While there I also completed advanced training in the dermatology, cardiology, and pediatrics.
Having care and respect for each person’s individual healing process is my personal priority and you will find that commitment reflected in the meaningful way that I attend to you. You will never feel confused by our process. As a bit of a talker, I love sharing with you why each point we will be needling is perfect for you and how each herb will benefit your whole picture of health.
I value the systematic methods by which Traditional Chinese Medicine can address any problem, following it to its very root. Utilizing this methodology, I enjoy treating the widest range of conditions, from the common cold to cardiovascular issues and chronic pain. I find particular joy in addressing clients fertility and pregnancy concerns.
Benefits of Chinese Medicine for Pregnancy
- Counter morning sickness and pregnancy nausea.
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, nourishing the placenta and baby.
- Relieve common symptoms of pregnancy including: low back and hip pain, dizziness, headache, edema, nausea, lack of appetite, and food aversions.
Services Offered to Each Mother
- Chinese nutritional counseling for each stage of pregnancy.
- Acupuncture and acupressure supported labor preparation.
- Postpartum physical and emotional support through “Mother Warming” using moxibustion and herbal supplementation.
- Support breast milk production.
- Education on proper post-birth care for mother and child referred to in Chinese medicine as “the Golden Month”.
The treatment of infertility with acupuncture and Chinese medicine dates back 3000 years. I use ancient techniques and modern innovations to improve fertility rates and support a person’s whole body, unlocking your unlimited potential for health, healing and pregnancy.
Benefits of Acupuncture for Female Fertility
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, thickening the lining, decreasing spasm and increasing the chance of zygote implantation
- Reduce anxiety and stress hormones that negatively effect fertility
- Regulate and optimize the hormone and endocrine systems contributing to a fertile menstrual cycle
- Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key roll in fertility and regular menstruation
Benefits of Acupuncture for Male Fertility
- Decrease inflammation and white blood cell count that interferes with fertility and sperm mobility
- Increase sperm count, motility, mobility
- Reduce stress, anxiety and irritability
- Address hidden factors that interfere with fertility and sexual activity such as high blood pressure and cholesterol